We’re a small team in a large practice, but the value we bring is significant. Now, as the company experiences an exciting period of national growth, we’re expanding our team and need a talented, switched on accounting graduate to join us.
We’re not just about numbers – we’re about people, too.
Hayball is an award-winning architecture firm and one of the largest in Australia with over 150 employees, and studios in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We have an inclusive, collaborative culture and regular opportunities to connect in a social and professional exchange. Many people have found their career paths at Hayball over the years, and you can too.
Ready from the get-go.
You’re a bright individual recently graduated with an accounting degree. Ideally, you can demonstrate 1-2 years of experience honing your skills in a project services based organisation such as architecture or engineering. If this sounds like you, get ready to take the next step and find a career home with us.
It’s in the detail of what you do.
Your primary role is to manage the smooth operation of our end-to-end Accounts Payable. We need you to apply your exceptional attention to detail and diligently close any gaps in the process. You’ll demonstrate strong initiative and a confident, self-directed ability to follow up and ensure we deliver timely responses to queries from consultants and suppliers.
A desire to learn.
If you pride yourself on a strong work ethic, love jumping in and learning quickly, this role will bring you rewarding challenges to develop professionally beyond the AP process. With lots of variety and opportunity to put your best self forward, you’ll provide key assistance with Accounts Receivable, project billing and monthly and quarterly accounting and admin tasks.
Unflappable, approachable – a real team player.
You’re personable and efficient – especially under pressure. Not only do you genuinely enjoy working with others, you know how to effectively communicate with all levels of staff. Importantly, your ability to remain unflappable and approachable will help you manage expectations and competing priorities to ensure timely, accurate outcomes for the team and the practice.
So if you’re ready to impact beyond the spreadsheet and join a team that values your contribution and professional growth, this is your opportunity to really excel – apply now!
Responsibilities and duties
- End to end Accounts Payable, including (but not limited to):
- Weekly pay run processing
- AP follow up and reporting and respond to suppliers’ queries
- Timely processing of consultants and general suppliers’ invoices, credit card transactions and bank direct debit transactions
- Reconciliation of credit card, bank, suppliers’ statements and AP ledger
- Petty cash management
As required, you’ll also assist with:
- Accounts Receivable
- Project Billing
- Staff timesheet follow up
- Monthly and quarterly accounting and admin tasks
- Ad hoc finance and admin tasks
Qualifications and knowledge
- A qualification in Accounting or equivalent
Experience and skills
- 1-2 years of experience in a project services based organisation
- Intermediate (or higher) Excel skills
- Experience with an accounting or project-based software (experience with Deltek Vision is highly advantageous!)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Personal qualities and traits
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Calm, focused and professional disposition
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Proactive and constructive approach to resolve issues
- Personable and approachable
- Ability to work under pressure to meet targets and deadlines
- Respond effectively to changing priorities
- A flexible approach to tasks and strong time management
- Genuine interest in learning
- Team orientated with a strong work ethic